What Should You Photograph During Colonoscopy?
Douglas K. Rex, MD, MASGE, reviewing Dominitz JA. Gastrointest Endosc 2023 Mar 12.
An expert colonoscopist recommends the following for photography during colonoscopy:
- Cecal landmarks
- Terminal ileum, if intubated
- Bowel preparation quality
- Large lesions before and after endoscopic resection
- Tattoos and their position in relation to lesions
- Polyps that are not removed and will be referred for endoscopic resection
- Other significant findings, particularly inflammation in inflammatory bowel disease
- Retroflexed views of the rectum and right side of the colon, whenever obtained
Note to readers: At the time we reviewed this paper, its publisher noted that it was not in final form and that subsequent changes might be made.
Dominitz JA. Key landmarks to be documented and photographed during colonoscopy. Gastrointest Endosc 2023 Mar 12. (Epub ahead of print) (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gie.2023.03.011)